After a long period of the pandemic, the grantee found the chance to meet with several researchers / experts that are already collaborating for the development of the PED Database that is being generated under CA19126 PED EU Networking WG1 T1.1 (and also under joined workforces with Annex 83 and JPI Urban Europe). It is comprising over 150 parameters and 400 sub parameters to define PEDs, its concept boundaries, technological and non-technological innovations and strategies / policies followed. The data provided for PED case studies, PED relevant case studies and PED Labs, will be presented in a geo-referenced mapping interface (www.pedeu.net/map) and will be open-access to all. The DB is targeting municipalities, the decision-makers to assist them to learn about PED development processes and plan and implement PEDs in their own context.
The outcomes of the SSPCR conference for the “Supporting the decision-making processes towards Positive Energy Districts implementation: Overarching Concept for PED Database” presentation may be listed as follows:
- Knowledge and experience share for defining the need for developing a PED DB at EU Level
- Knowledge and Experience share for development of PED DB between several researchers representing different initiatives for PED developments.
- Suggestions for parameters that would define a PED
- Discussions on lessons for sustainability of a database even after a project is finalized
- New PED case studies integration in the PED DB by the researchers that were met at the World Café session organized by Annex 83 group.
- Outreach to several researchers at the presentation session. Discussions on the state of the art of the database and further development suggestions
Grantee Name: Beril Alpagut
Affiliation: Demir Enerji
Grant Awarded: ITC
Young Researcher/Innovator: Yes
From ITC Country: Yes
Dates: 19/07/2022 to 22/07/2022
Conference (ITC, DC) Smart and Sustainable Planning for Cities and Regions – SSPCR 2022
Title (of the ITC Presentation): Supporting the decision-making processes towards Positive Energy Districts implementation: Overarching Concept for PED Database